Saturday, June 7, 2008

VBX

When I was growing up part of summer was going to vacation bible school. I remember going as a child and later teaching when I was in high school and college.

This year Lauren was old enough to go to vacation bible school at our church. However, this year they called it vacation bible experience. (VBX) Everytime I would say something about VBS Lauren would correct me and tell me it is VBX!

Lauren went everyday and she had a great time. She made new friends and learned new songs and stories. The teacher even commented one day on how social Lauren is with everyone. She said that all the girls wanted to be Lauren's friend and sit by her and play with her. After some of the girls in her preschool class this made me happy.

At the end of the week they have a program with all the kids in it. There were a ton of kids. It was neat to see Lauren up there singing with her classmates.

At the beginning of the week they gave us this transfer to put on a shirt. She was to wear this shirt everyday. What a pain. I had to wash that shirt by hand every night. I should have put in on a dark colored shirt and not white!





No comments: