Saturday, June 21, 2008

Learning to Swim

My goal this summer is to get Lauren to swim on her own. No floatie or noodle. She has been taking lessons for the last two weeks. She really has improved but the main difference is this year she really wants to learn how to swim.

Tonight she came running in the house and told me she needed to show me something outside. She then proceeded to swim across the pool. It was a bit scary looking but Elaine was right by her and she did it. She was so proud of herself and I was so proud of her also. I think a few more weeks of practice and it won't look soooo scary.



You could tell she was trying so hard to swim.
Elaine is a good teacher and so good with her. Lauren just loves her. I can't believe that Elaine will be in High School next year. She is such a good and kind young lady. Lauren is lucky to have a cousin like her.

No comments: