Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


Lauren and I had a great weekend. My brother, Brian and his wife, Diane and Sammie and Jacob spent Saturday and Sunday at our house. One of their air conditioners went out and so they came up and spent time here. Lauren loved having her cousin at her house and I enjoyed it also. Monday we all went over to my sister's house for a cookout and for a nice swim. It was a nice way to start summer.


After spending the whole weekend with family it makes the e-mail I got from Lauren's teacher even more funny. On Friday night I received an e-mail from Lauren's teacher explaining that they were making Father's Day's cards. She asked Lauren if she had anyone she wanted to make one for like an uncle or someone else. Lauren said she has an uncle but she does not know his name and she has not seen him for a long time. This just made me laugh. She goes to one of her uncle's home everyday after school. One of her other uncles she sees almost every week. When I asked her about this she said she just forgot about Uncle Brian or Uncle Don . She decided to just make me a card instead!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What a fun weekend! I can't believe how everyone is growing up! We went camping this weekend with some friends from church. The group of 8 boys caught a total of 165 fish! They threw back all but about 35! It was a beautiful weekend. Now summer is just around the corner -- only 6 more days of school! Yahoo!