Sunday, May 3, 2009

Long Time Promise Fulfilled

She looks so scared. I kept telling her that she did not have to do this but she kept saying she wanted to.

Marking the ears. That was interesting because I realized that Lauren's ears are not the same. So one side would like higher then the other but really it was just because her ears are different.
They had to mark and erase and mark again and again and again.






A few weeks later. I have been trying to get a good picture of her earrings but as usually Lauren does not like to cooperate. I think I might have taken a few too many pictures and she is just tired of it.
When Lauren had her hair accident we talked about how it will grow back but that it might take a little while. I kept reassuring her that she is still a very pretty little girl. Of course during those first few days if she could have asked for anything I would have given it to her. (She did get a few things out of me!) Of course one of those things that she asked for was to get her ears pierced. At first I said no but later I told her that because of what she went through if she really wanted to get them pierced then she could. I had wanted her to wait until she was 10 but I figured if she went through the pain of having so much hair pulled out she deserved it.
We had to wait until after cheerleader season was over because they are not allow to compete with earrings in. So a few weeks ago we went to the mall to get her ears pierced. We went one night but there was only one young lady working in the store and everyone warned me to have both ears done at one time. So we went back during the weekend and got them pierced when there was two young ladies working and they did them at the same time. She was so scared but wanted to do it. I did not get any pictures of the actual piercing because she was sitting on my lap. We bought some other earrings and she wants to wear them so bad. I explained that she has to keep these in for 8 weeks and then she can put in other ones. Everyday she asks if she can put in new ones now. She looks so cute and grown up with her cute little pink flower earrings.
I talked with her doctor about getting them pierced and he was fine with it and didn't think it was a big deal. He told me just to go to the mall that they do a fine job and they are very careful.


No comments: