Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cheer Weekend

Cheer swim party.
Last time wearing this cheer outfit.




Dancing on stage.


Back bend during cheer routine.



The Tiki Tiki Birds.




Dancing as a Tiki Tiki Bird.





After the recital with her cousin, Sammie.




Sunday was Lauren's Cheer Spring Review. The theme of the Spring Review was Disneyland. Each group did a different ride or attraction at Disneyland. Lauren's group did the Tiki Tiki Room. The girls dressed as very colorful birds. They looked really cute and their dance was really cute.


The show begins with the each team doing their cheer routine one more time. Lauren's group have not done there routine for a few months and a few of the little ones forgot parts of it. They looked cute even if they didn't do it the best. The second part of the show was the Disney dances. It always amazes me that Lauren does not get scared at all during the show. She has the best time on stage.


Lauren had a cheer pool party on Saturday and this Tuesday is the cheer banquet. Wednesday is cheer tryouts for the next year. It has been a cheer packed few days. Lauren had a good first year of cheerleading. She seemed to like it and we are going to do it again next year. However, after talking with the coach and the plans for next year's team, I think we are going to go to a different place.


I have been checking out a few places and there are a few that are much closer to my house. Since Janine takes her to practice I have to make sure it is ok with her schedule. Janine really wants me to to go one place because after next year she wants to move Blaire there also. I do think that makes a lot of since. The practice times are much more compatible with school and they have a good reputation. The only concern I have is that they are really really good with the older teams but the younger teams are not that great. I don't want to put her in one place for a few years and then move her again. I really only want to move her once. so, we might have to suffer with a less then great team for a few years. I really don't think Lauren will care too much.






No comments: