Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day





Looking at all she got in her Valentine basket.

Already for Lauren



Ready for school party.













Preparing Valentines for her friends.









I admit I am a total sucker for any holiday. Now that I have Lauren it just gives me a reason to have fun and celebrate every holiday. Although I will admit that Valentine's Day is probably the biggest Hallmark holiday, I still think it is fun. I love the little cards and all the hearts and the pink and red it is just so much fun. It brings back fun memories of when I was little.


We have been doing Valentine projects for the past couple of weeks. This included making Valentine cupcakes, cards to classmates, a Valentine box and other little things.

This year I decided to do a count down to Valentine's Day. Everyday this week I would put a card and little present in her Valentine mailbox. It was actually the mailbox that gave me the idea. We got this mailbox kit one day and Lauren had so much fun decorating it and then writing little cards and letters and putting them in the mailbox. I thought she might enjoy getting a letter and surprise each day. It was fun to see how excited she got over a card and dollar gift.
Valentine's Day started with Lauren getting her Valentine basket. She was so happy to get a stuffed animal. She must have over 50 but it is what she loves the most. I know that if I get her a stuffed animal she will be so happy. She carried her new ape everywhere we went. Later that day we went to my brother's house and had dinner with them.
The evening ended with chocolate and strawberries. A few years ago Lauren was really into Dora. One of the books we had was Dora's Valentine Day. In that story, Dora and Boots have strawberries and chocolate and Lauren has wanted to do that since reading that story. This year I got the stuff and Lauren and her cousin had a great time dipping the strawberries into the chocolate. They both looked so cute with chocolate all over their face. It was a great Valentine's Day and I was so lucky to get to spend it with my sweetie.










On Valentine's day I had her Valentine's basket waiting for her in the morning. I told you that I love to celebrate. Holiday's also give me the chance to dress up my little girl in fun holiday clothes. I know that she will be over that in a few years so I am taking advantage of it while I can. Lauren is a good sport and will wear what I put out.





No comments: