Sunday, June 5, 2011

Packing For Camp

Suitcase is almost packed.

Lauren packing her own suitcase.


Lauren is going away to girl scout camp next week. She will be gone for 4 days and 3 nights. That it the longest she has ever been away from me or her family. (Once I had to go on a business trip for a week but she stayed with her aunt and uncle and cousins.)

The information that I got from the camp suggested that the girls pack their own suitcases so they know where everything is and what is in the bag. Lauren loved that idea, it was hard for me to give up that control but I did it.

We went shopping on Saturday for the few missing items she needed. She brought her packing list and made sure we got everything on the list. I know she is a bit scared but she is going to have a great time. She is going to do so many new things and she is going to meet a lot of new friends. I can't wait to hear all about it.

I drop her off on Tuesday morning and she will take a bus to the camp in the mountains. It is going to be strange to have the house to myself for 3 evenings. I know I will be counting the days down until Friday night when I pick her up from the bus.

No comments: