Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gotcha Day plus 6 years

Lauren this morning before leaving for school.

Lauren reading the card that I gave her.

Our special treat.
Six years ago today Lauren was placed in my arms.
When I adopted the common name for this day was always called gotcha day. There has been a lot of people that don't like that term and now call it Forever Family Day or another such name. When I remind Lauren what day it is she always calls it Gotcha Day. So I guess in our little family that will be the name for now.
We usually celebrated this day in very low key manner. It is always right around the time school starts and that is usually the big event of the week. But I do like to do something special to remember that this is a very special day. She still like me to tell her the story about how she came it be my daughter. I love to think back on that time and that day and remember the scared little girl that was placed in my arms. I love to see how she has grown into what she is today. It is fun to remember the whole trip to China and how it changed my life. Having Lauren in my life has enriched my life so much. It is the best thing I have ever done.


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Happy Gotcha Day Lisa and Lauren! I'm so glad that God put you two together! He has blessed both of you so much! And Lauren, the Nothum family is better because you are a part of it too!

We love you!!

Uncle Ron, Aunt Cindy, Steve, Jon, & Danny