Friday, August 28, 2009

Hair Update

Interesting hairstyle.



The bald spot is now gone!!


Oh, it has been an interesting journey.










I have not done a hair update in a long time I figure it is time. It has now been 32 weeks or about 8 months since the accident. The bald spot is now completely covered and the hair is growing in nice and thick. The nice thing now is that there is no worry about showing any bald spot. But as I have learned there are always new challenges in this journey. We now are faced with a new problem, hair sticking up.

We still have to do the comb over and at the beginning of the day it looks fine but by the time I pick Lauren up after work the top of her head is very interesting. She has a bunch of hair sticking straight up. The hair is about 1 to 2 inches long and comes through the comb over. It is strange looking. It looks like she has a mullet. She has this short hair on top and then long in the back. This is especially true when we have the rest of the hair is pulled back in a ponytail.

I figure we have a few more months until the new hair is long enough to put in the side ponytail we use in the comb over. I am hoping by Christmas we will be able to do that. (Almost a year after the accident.) Then maybe her Christmas pictures will look ok. Her 6 year old pictures are a bit interesting but it is a good representation of what she was at 6 years old.

I am really hoping that by next summer the hair will be long enough that when she has a ponytail it can include the hair on top in it also. We are planning to go to Disneyworld next summer and I know it will be hot and humid. It would be nice if I can put all her hair in a ponytail and not have to do the comb over first. Time will tell.

This summer Lauren begged me to let her cut about 5 inches off her hair. At first I didn’t want to do it but then I realized that in the next few years we are going to have to do some cutting and we might as well start it now. She now misses her longer hair but was nice to trim it up.

No comments: