Thursday, April 24, 2008

scrapbooks

Lauren attends a coop preschool. Parents coop in the classroom a few days a month. However, since I work fulltime I pay a little extra and I don't coop. I wish I could but I have to work. The school also wants the parents to do extra things with the class. So at the beginning of the school year they pass around a list and you can sign up to help with certian events or items.



I signed up to teach a lesson on Chinese New Year. I did that in Feb. It went well and it was fun to see Lauren's class.





Well, I also signed up to help with the class scrapbooks. TO HELP WITH THE BOOKS. A few months ago, I was at the school for some reason and the director came up to me and said I have the books for the scrapbooks. I then realized that I am not HELPING with the books I am in charge of doing the books. There are 14 children in Lauren's class and 3 teachers. That is 17 books I have to do. The books are about 20 pages each. That is a lot of scrapbooking that I have to do!!



About a month ago I sent all the parents a packet for the scrapbooks. I wanted them to write a short note to each of the 3 teachers, I also wanted them to get a short sentence from their child about each of the other kids in the class. Lastly, I wanted them to ask their child a few questions (ie what it your favorite color...). I put return envelopes in each of the packets. I sent one to each of Lauren's 13 classmates. A month later (and 5 weeks before the end of school) I have received 4 of them back. This is going to be a nightmare.





I am starting to get nervous about this project. I hope I can get this done. It is a very big project! If I get what I asked for they will turn out great but that is a BIG IF.



I went to Lauren's class today to get some more pictures for the scrapbooks. Here are a few of the pictures of Lauren at preschool.

No comments: