Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My girl

There are days when Lauren is dressed and ready to go that I am amazed at how grown up she looks. She is a strong and beautiful little girl. That is why it hurts me when she is hurt by her friends at school. The other day I knew something was wrong and she didn't want to talk about it. A few days later she finally told me that a few girls at school would not let her play with them. I wanted to make it better for her but I know that I can't and that she will just need to deal with these types of issues. I don't want to be a mother that tries to solve all her problems. I told her I was sorry that her friends were not being nice and that maybe when that happens she can play with others. I know that it is not solving the problem. It is hard to see your little girl hurt and not be able to help.













1 comment:

Kim said...

I love those shoes!! Ella was crying in bed last night before sleeping because she told me that Sophie wouldn't say she was her best friend. Can you believe that, she's not even three yet! Imagine these little girls when they grow up!

Kim