Saturday, October 25, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Lauren's carved pumpkin and her decorated pumpkin.



Lauren working on her pumpkin.


Drawing her design.



Grant's pumpkin. He made it look like it is throwing up. (He thought it was so cool!)





Eating pizza and taking a break from carving pumpkins.






Decorating cupcakes.






Eating cupcakes.




Tonight Lauren and I hosted a pumpkin carving party. We invited Lauren's cousins and some of her friends over to carve pumpkins. It was a fun night. After the pumpkins were done and the was pizza was eaten we had the kids decorate cupcakes. It was a full night and they seemed to have fun.


My house is pretty small but I love have these kinds of parties. I think it is fun to have the kids over do an activity that is such a part of the Halloween fun. I also know that some parents really don't like doing this activity. I think it is pretty fun.
We have to keep our pumpkins inside until Halloween or they will rot. It is just too hot outside for them to keep for a week. So I get enjoy looking at them during the week and it makes excited for Halloween.

No comments: