Saturday, October 11, 2008

Big Girl
























Lauren is growing up so quickly. The weekend we went shopping for fall shoes and Lauren let me know that she does not want to wear bobby socks with dresses anymore. She now wants to wear knee high socks.



Lauren told me that bobby socks are for babies and she is not a baby. So while we were buying fall shoes we also got some knee high socks. My little girl is turning into a big girl so fast.



It was cool here this weekend but it going to get warm again this week. However, I just can't have Lauren wearing white summer sandals when it is the middle of October. This is the time of the year when I really miss Chicago. I love seeing the leaves change colors and those cool, crisp, Autumn days. It is still in the 90s here and it feels like the warm weather will never end.


I love to buy shoes for Lauren. She has a ton of shoes but most of them are a bit too big. I am so frustrated with her shoe size. Lauren wore a size 10 last year. I got her foot measured today and she is still wearing a size 10. The guy did tell me to go up to 10 1/2 so she can wear them longer. I felt like telling him that it does not matter her feet do not grow!! I felt like buying a size 11 because it just seems weird that her feet did not grow in a year and my luck they will grown a ton in a month or so.


We took these pictures before going to church. She got toothpaste on the front of the dress so we had to wash that off. That is the wet spot on the dress. She looked so cute in this dress I didn't want to wait until after church because it could be a lot worse.

2 comments:

Kim said...

How funny to have posts with almost the same title!! I cannot believe how big she looks (and I love the outfit!)

By the way, we got the latest shoes and Ella loves them (especially the pair that look exactly like Lauren's). Feel free to send shoes our way anytime!

Talk to you soon!

XO,

Ella and Kim

Anonymous said...

So sweet..! She is looking so beautiful. I love her shoes.