Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Spirit Day











Lauren's new school has designated every Wednesday as spirit day. On spirit day you are to wear the school colors (black and red) and/or a school shirt. During our Meet and Greet day I purchased Lauren a school shirt and skort. Lauren was so excited to wear them today. This morning she got out the pom poms from high school musical and was playing with them before we left for school. It looked so cute I had to get a few pictures.

I take Lauren to school every day and when I drop her off she walks to her classroom. For the past two days I have been watching her do this and it makes me a bit sad. She looks so small walking to her room with her backpack on and her ponytail bouncing up and down. It seems that there are a lot of older, bigger, kids around and she looks so tiny by them. But at the same time she seems so confident as she walks to her room. She knows where to go and has never asked me to walk with her (I told her I would if she wanted me to). I am so proud of her

1 comment:

Kim said...

Ella was checking out the latest photos on the blog and now she wants a cheerleader outfit just like Lauren's (she asked about it again tonight at bed time). Grandma did buy her some pink pom poms but somehow they are just not like Lauren's. We miss you guys!!

Kim and Ella