Wednesday, May 7, 2008

School visit

I don't get to go to Lauren's school that often. However, because of the never ending scrapbook project I have had to go a few times in the past few weeks to get some pictures.

I needed to get pictures of each of the kids with the school's director. She has since opened a new school at a new location and so she is not at this location much. (Her school has really grown and she out grew this space.) We made arrangements for her to be at the school today and I came and got the pictures I needed. Since all the kids where at school today we took a few class pictures. Of course you have to have the funny face class picture. I am pretty amazed that I got a picture that had all the kids looking at me.

Today was one of those days at Lauren's school that a couple of girls would not let Lauren play with them. It hurt me to see her hurt. When school started Lauren was "best" friends with a little girl in the class. It is my understanding that they would do everything together. They would play together, sit together, hold hands and etc. Then at beginning of the new year a new girl came into the class. (She really is not new but she had moved and then moved back.) The new girl and Lauren's "best" friend became "best best" friends. There are days when they will let Lauren play with them and other times when they will tell Lauren she can't play with them. Today was one of those days that they told her she could not play. The mommy in me wanted to yell and scream at these little girls. I was mad that they would hurt my little girl. The thing that makes me sad is that Lauren will still say this little girl is one of her best friends. It hurts just to think about it and I am glad there is only a few more weeks of school and then she will move on.

Funny face class picture


Nice class picture.

No comments: