Sunday, January 17, 2010

One Year Later

Cupcakes


Making cupcakes one year later!!





The hair


Look how long it it now. (I think she is tired of getting pictures taken of the hair growth.)




MLK day 2009. It was a day off work and school. We had just hung around the home and I started to feel guilty that we had not done anything that fun. So I suggested that we make cupcakes. It has been one year since that day and the crazy accident that happened. I still can't believe that it happened and now I can't believe that it has been one year. Lauren's hair came back in the bald spot and is now about 3 to 4 inches long. It has been an interesting year.

First, we had to cover the bald spot. Then when the hair was about 1/2 inch to 2 inches, it started to stick up through the comb over, so we had to deal with that. We are now at the point where all the hair is long enough to fit in the side ponytail. It is so nice not to have to cover the bald spot, use wax to keep the hair down and anything else.


Today we celebrated and we made cupcakes!!! Lauren even used the handmixer once again. At first she was a bit scared but I told her that she needed to do it so that she could get over it and not be scared anymore. The hair still need to grow a lot more but we made it past the hardest part!!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

How fun! Those look like yummy cupcakes! I think I would be scared to use the mixer again too -- good for Lauren for being so brave!! I think I'd still pull her hair back in a ponytail though -- it would make me toooo nervous.