Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Party #3 - Recession, What Recession?

















Tonight we went to our 3rd Christmas party of the weekend. This party was at one of Lauren's classmate's home. All I can say is that this party was a bit over the top! This is the same family that had the pumpkin party at Halloween time, so I have a feeling that it would be nice but wow.
First, the invite that we received was nicer then most Christmas cards that are sent out. Second, when we arrived there was valet parking and then a golf cart to take you up to the house. Once at the party, there was 30 tons of snow and again a "snow hill". There was brick oven pizzas being cooked during the evening by a well know upscale restaurant in town. There was a DJ. There was a full bar and so much other food. There was gifts for all the kids as well as party favors. There must have been over 300 people there. I looked at all of that and thought if people saw this there is no way they would think there is a recession going on.
Lauren had a great time with her classmates and enjoyed all of it. It made me a bit uncomfortable. For me, it is hard to go to these type of parties by yourself. A lot of these people know each other from so many different social events and activities. They have their groups and I always feel like such an outsider. It is hard for me to connect with these people. I am glad that most of Lauren's other classmates are much more down to earth.




No comments: