Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Morning

Waking up to a stocking full of goodies and a room full of presents.



Unpacking the stocking.


A new Webkinz animal.




Opening Santa gifts.




Lauren's favorite gift. (It better have been!!)




Playing with her new computer.








Trying out her new skates.







Christmas morning is at my home. Santa delivers all the gifts to my home. However, Santa fills the kids stockings at their own home. After looking through their stockings, they come over to my house to open Santa gifts and eat breakfast.




Lauren got up at 4:00am and let me know that Santa had been there. I made her back to sleep but she was so excited that by 6:30 am she could not wait any longer. I let her go and open her stocking. She also opened kitty's stocking. I then got breakfast ready and we waited for everyone to get to our house.




Once everyone arrived the kids opened the Santa gifts. Us parents decided a few years ago that Santa would bring the kids 3 gifts each. This makes it great for us because we all know that each child is only going to get three gifts and we don't have to worry about one kid getting a ton of gifts from Santa and another only gets a few.




Lauren's favorite gift was a new computer. I spent more money then I had planned but I hope this will last until she is in high school. I needed to get her one so that she could load her games on that computer and not mine. She thought it was great. Uncle Brian set it up for her that morning. We went the next day and got a computer desk and chair but for Christmas she just used a little side table and a stool.




Our Christmas breakfast has included crepes with cheese filling since we started the Christmas breakfasts. They are great and everyone looks forward this meal. I like having people at my house I just wish I had a little bigger house. I move the furniture around so that we have as much room as possible but it is still a bit crowded.




Once everyone left we had time to clean up and rest for the evening at Uncle Brian's home.





No comments: