Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day















Both Lauren and I got off today in honor of Veteran's Day. I decided not to do a bunch around the house and just enjoy the nice weather and the time with Lauren.



My father died last year and since his death, I have tried to keep his memory alive in our home. I try to talk about both my father and my mother, who died in 1993, so that Lauren could learn a little about them. One way that we remember them is when Lauren and I put flowers on their grave. Since today was Veteran's Day and my father was a WWII veteran I thought today would be a good day to go and bring some new fall flowers for their grave.



I wish my parents were still alive and able to see Lauren grow up. I wish Lauren could have grandparents that are living and active in her life. Those things are not possible so we have to do with just memories.

No comments: