Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cookie Time

Fall cookies.



Blaire and her cookie


Lauren and Elaine



Sammie decorating her cookie




Lauren eating more than she is decorating.





The past five days have been a bit crazy. My sister, Janine and her husband, Don went to Las Vegas for a few days. So, from Saturday to Wednesday I stayed at my sister' home and watched her three children and Lauren. I am so glad to be home with just one little girl. My weekend included 3 birthday parties, dance lessons, soccer game, pictures taken, church, tutor, church group and pizza dinner with cookie making time. Oh, I forgot, homework and getting ready for school Monday morning. That was just the weekend.



The week was just a crazy starting with getting 4 kids up and to school. (Three different schools) making breakfast, taking kids to the bus, taking one to school, waking up a high schooler that keeps going back to sleep, going to work, then meeting the school bus, picking up one from school, soccer practice, cheer practice, horseback riding lessons, dinner and of course homework. The homework included a book report with a shoebox diagram and helping one study for a history test on Islam. By Wednesday I was ready to go home.



On Tuesday night my niece asked me what I would do if I had 4 kids all the time. I told her I would run away. Being a single mother to one child is tough at times but for the most part it goes pretty well. I can now understand how hard it is to be a single parent to a lot of kids. I have so much more respect for ladies in that situation.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I think the fact that everyone was still alive and in one piece means you had a successful 5 days with the kids!

Kim